Church of Santa Caterina @ 8.00pm
The 40th edition of “Taormina Classica” is as Always organised by the music association “Almoetia” Atistic supervision by Maurizio Gullotta.
– Sunday 16 September – “From the charm of the Opera …to the timeless Neapolitan Song” performed by the Duo Mariella Gernone (sopran) and Flavio Peconio (piano). Music by Verdi, Bellini, Puccini, Arditi, Di Capua and Prince De Curtis.
– Sunday 23 September – “Fairy tales in dances” a four hands piano concert performed by the duo Sara Cianciullo and Helga Pisapia. Music by Mozart, Grieg, Mozskowski and Debussy.
– Sunday 30 September – “Memories of Italiana and Spanish themes for 88 keys and 6 strings” by Lapo Vannucci (guitar) and Luca Torrigiani (piano). Music by Castelnuovo-Tedesco, Torroba, Tarrega, Procaccini and Di Fiore.
– Friday 5 October – “Between theater, cinema and other contamination” performed by the Klavioltrio, a music Group made by Giambattista Ciliberti (clarinet), Flavio Maddaloni (violin) and Piero Rotolo (piano). Music by Poulenc, Scardicchio-Rota and Piazzolla.
– Sunday 7 October – “The Greatest Hits” by the Trio Piceno Classica: Luca Magni (flute), Daniela Tremaroli (cello) e Valentina Perugi (piano). Music by Bach, Beethowen, Mozart, Dvorak, Donizetti and Tchaikovski.